OPC (OLE for Process Control) is an industrial standard
for connecting different brands of hardware and software
together. It is the preferred way to connect CyboCon
software to a DCS/PLC/HMI or field instrument.
The CyboLink OPC Client software is designed to allow
CyboCon to communicate with any standard OPC server
(1.0, 2.0, or 3.0) through OPC or NetOPC. It is a standalone
program with multiple threads providing consistent data
communication speed and data integrity.
Using CyboLink OPC Client software, CyboCon can be easily
connected to the following products, provided that the
related OPC Servers are available and properly installed:
- ABB DCS products using related OPC Servers,
- Bailey Net90/Info90 using Rovisys OPC90 Server,
- Emerson DeltaV,
- Foxboro I/A system,
- GE PLCs and hybrid systems,
- Honeywell DCS and hybrid systems,
- Matrikon OPC Servers,
- National Instruments LabVIEW,
- Rockwell PLCs and ControlLogix through RS Logix
- Siemens PLC, APACS+, and WinCC HMI software, and
- US Data FactoryLink HMI software.